7 Days Khwai River & Linyanti Botswana Family Safari
Our Tour Quarantee!
- Trip Customizable
- Best Price Quaranteed
- Book as wishes
Service Language In:
This is an ideal vacation for a family with children over seven who enjoy rugged adventure and who would like to experience some of the Okavango Delta’s most enthralling places in a holiday that includes canoeing, night game drives, and walking safaris.
You will be flown by light aircraft from Maun to the Khwai River, in the northern Delta, for three nights in a spacious family cottage at Khwai Leadwood. From there, you are flown a short hop to the Linyanti Channel in Chobe National Park for a further three nights of exciting and authentic safari in this elephant-rich slice of Botswana.
The Khwai River forms a border of Moremi Game Reserve, which is the only officially protected and preserved part of the mesmerizing Okavango Delta and is also highly regarded for its excellent and reliable wild dog sightings. Your guide at the camps will point out the migratory birds, tiny frogs, and unusual game like lechwe and sitatunga, which are antelope that have adapted to living in Southern Africa’s wetlands. Even your flights from camp to camp will provide you with a new perspective of Botswana: you can truly appreciate the size and diversity of the Okavango once you see it from mid-air.
- Air transfers between camps
- Spacious family suites throughout
- Canoeing, night drives, and walking safaris
- Authentic adventure in the wilderness
- Excellent chance of wild dog sightings
Why Book with M.T.Expedition
We are proving you with best services and quality.
We are leadind for cheap budget,mid-range & Luxury Trips!
Best Price Guaranteed.
24 hrs services with quickly Responsive care!.
No addition or extra money!.
Itinerary (Day by Day)
Days 1-4: From Maun to Khwai River | 3 Nights - MOREMI GAME RESERVE, BOTSWANA
You and your family will be met at Maun Airport for your short flight in a light aircraft to Khwai Leadwood in Botswana’s Moremi Game Reserve, which is renowned for its incredible wild dog sightings. Wild dogs are endangered and packs have slowly been growing as interest in these energetic and misunderstood black-and-gold canids grows.
The camp lies in a fig and leadwood forest on the Khwai River and has a series of wooden walkways that connect the raised tents. Your tent is completely private and has décor inspired by the romantic era of Hemingway’s safaris.
Your days here will be packed with activity; between traditional game drives into Moremi, you can also take out your binoculars for spectacular birding, venture out to see nocturnal animals on night drives, and meet nearby community members at their village. Your guide will also lead you on thrilling nature walks – little beats watching a peaceful group of antelope or giraffes quietly and contentedly grazing just a few feet away.
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Days 4-7: From Khwai Riverto Linyanti | 3 Nights - LINYANTI, BOTSWANA
Soon it is time to bid the friendly staff at Khwai Leadwood goodbye and head back to the airstrip for the short flight to the Linyanti Channel. The drive from the Saile Airstrip will take you and your family to Linyanti Ebony, a camp consisting of only four tents that lies near the lush Caprivi Strip. Once again, you will settle into the large family tent, which has the luxury of a tub in the en suite bathroom for long soaks after a walking safari. There is also a swimming pool so that you can mimic the resident hippos and ‘wallow’ in the heat of the African afternoon.
Your time here will also be spent exploring the wetlands of the superb Linyanti Channel. There is a stable raptor population to be found and your guide will take you out on a mokoro (or traditional canoe) trip, which is the classic way to see the Delta.
Linyanti Ebony truly allows you to ‘get away from it all’ by offering a digital detox from Wi-Fi and mobile phones (there is a charging station for camera batteries). After three nights with no outside distractions beyond a beautiful sunrise or the iconic call of a fish eagle, you and your family will be able to return to Maun for your flight home feeling completely ‘recharged’ yourselves!
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Lodges,Hotels and Camps reccommended
- Park fees (for non residents)
- All activities mentioned (unless clearly labeled as optional)
- Meals (as specified in the day by day description)
- All accommodation mentioned (unless clearly labeled as optional upgrade)
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation mentioned (unless clearly labeled as optional)
- All taxes/vat
- Scheduled flight charters between Maun Khwai Leadwood and Linyanti Ebony,
- International flights (from/to the client's home country)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Personal items (souvenirs travel insurance visa fees and other personal items)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Tips and gratuities
·40% Deposit payable upfront. The remaining balance is payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 30 days prior to departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 20 days of departure.
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior to departure. For any bookings within 30 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.
We advise you to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Moonlight Tours Expedition recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.
- The exact order contents and rates of this tour is subject to availability.
- If an accommodation is fully booked we will suggest a comparable alternative.
- We reserve the right to change the rates advertised on moonlight tours expedition company without prior notice.
- Rates include a fixed budget for flights during this tour.
- If flights cost more your quote will reflect this tour.
- Best price gurantee
- No booking fees
$13880 (USD pp)