7 Days Chobe, Okavango Delta Safari & Community Visit
Our Tour Quarantee!
- Trip Customizable
- Best Price Quaranteed
- Book as wishes
Service Language In:
This 7-day itinerary combines two of the best safari destinations in Botswana, the Okavango Delta and the Chobe National Park. This is a specially designed Trip with a Purpose that contributes travel spend to the upliftment of local communities, while you enjoy unforgettable cultural activities. The journey begins at Chobe Game Lodge, the only permanent lodge situated on the banks of the Chobe River within the Chobe National Park. It is an elegant, five-star, fully eco-tourism certified safari lodge where you will spend your days seeking out the Big Five and exploring the landscape by either vehicle or boat. There are healthy populations of predators here including lion, leopard, wild dog and cheetah. You will also have an opportunity to visit the local pre-primary school which facilitates children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
You will then move on to Camp Okavango, where you will explore the Okavango Delta’s winding, reed-lined channels and thick riverine forests, looking out for large mammals including elephant, giraffe and buffalo. While staying at Camp Okavango, you will enjoy a helicopter ride over the Delta’s pristine waterways and visit the local village, Eretsa. This is where you will meet with the local community and delve into their lives and practices, living alongside some of Africa’s wildest areas and some of its wildest inhabitants.
- A Trip with a Purpose supporting local communities through cultural and school visits
- Luxury safari lodges and camps in Botswana
- Water- and land-based activities including game drives and mokoro excursions
- Helicopter flight over the Okavango Delta
- Unrivaled bird watching including kingfishers, herons, storks, and fish eagles
- Guided nature walks on one of the many islands in the Delta
- Incredible year-round game viewing
Why Book with M.T.Expedition
We are proving you with best services and quality.
We are leadind for cheap budget,mid-range & Luxury Trips!
Best Price Guaranteed.
24 hrs services with quickly Responsive care!.
No addition or extra money!.
Itinerary (Day by Day)
Day 1-3: Your Adventure Begins! | 3 Nights - CHOBE NATIONAL PARK
Your trip begins in the city of Maun. On arrival, a guide will be there to greet you and transfer you to Chobe Game Lodge. An icon in the Chobe area, it is the only safari lodge that is situated within the Chobe National Park. Right on the Chobe River, a luxury boardwalk deck is where you will have unhindered views of this wild landscape. The lodge retains a nostalgic ambiance and is set in a beautifully manicured garden. Put your feet up and revel in mystic African touches from Bedouin-style lanterns to big lounge areas.
When staying at Chobe Game Lodge, dedicated guides (mostly made up of local women) will take you on thrilling excursions to encounter some of the wildest inhabitants, from the river swimming elephants to the endangered African wild dog. You will join on open-sided 4X4 vehicles or on one of the solar-electric powered safari boats.
During your stay, you may also have the unique opportunity to visit the Kazungula Children’s Ark, a small pre-primary school that caters to children from disadvantaged backgrounds. Learn how people have adapted to living in such wild places and gain a fascinating insight into the different cultures of the Botswana people - the life and soul of the country.
Chobe Game Lodge
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 4-6: Explore a Watery Paradise | 3 Nights - OKAVANGO DELTA, BOTSWANA
The next part of your adventure takes you to Camp Okavango. This safari camp is located on the remote Nxaragha Island in the heart of the Okavango Delta, Africa’s dubbed ‘Garden of Eden’. This camp offers a year-round water wilderness experience, and you can explore this watery paradise by mokoro or motorboat. The main lodge boasts a wildlife reference library, lounge, curio shop, swimming pool, and cocktail bar, for relaxation time spent whiling away the hours.
The highlight of your stay at Camp Okavango will be an early morning flight to a remote village, Eretsa, where you will be greeted by a local farmer who will educate you on farming practices alongside such wild areas. You will then join a representative who will host a talk about life in the village and living in harmony with wild species, like elephants. It’s a true cultural immersion into the life of the locals and how they manage to coexist with some of Africa’s most celebrated wildlife. Your travel spend will also contribute to their livelihoods and aid sustainable tourism.
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 7: Farewell Botswana
Your day begins with a delicious breakfast before being transferred back to Maun to catch your flight back home.
None / On Request
Breakfast & Dinner
Lodges,Hotels and Camps reccommended
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Free WiFi
- Free parking
- Non-smoking rooms
- Family rooms
- Fabulous breakfast
- Room service
- Park fees (for non residents)
- All activities mentioned (unless clearly labeled as optional)
- Meals (as specified in the day by day description)
- All accommodation mentioned (unless clearly labeled as optional upgrade)
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation mentioned (unless clearly labeled as optional)
- All taxes/vat
- Electric boating and game drives,mokoro, walking safaris and helicopter flight over the delta
- Local remote village visit
- International flights (from/to the client's home country)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Personal items (souvenirs travel insurance visa fees and other personal items)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
·40% Deposit payable upfront. The remaining balance is payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 30 days prior to departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 20 days of departure.
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior to departure. For any bookings within 30 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.
We advise you to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Moonlight Tours Expedition recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.
- The exact order contents and rates of this tour is subject to availability.
- If an accommodation is fully booked we will suggest a comparable alternative.
- We reserve the right to change the rates advertised on moonlight tours expedition company without prior notice.
- Rates include a fixed budget for flights during this tour.
- If flights cost more your quote will reflect this tour.
- • Tips and gratuities
- Best price gurantee
- No booking fees
$8600 (USD pp)