5 Days Okavango Delta & Moremi Game Reserve Family Safari
Our Tour Quarantee!
- Trip Customizable
- Best Price Quaranteed
- Book as wishes
Service Language In:
Treat your family to a truly magical wildlife safari. Flying into one of the world’s greatest remaining wildernesses, you stay at two small and family-friendly camps that specialise in opening up the natural world of the Okavango Delta. Kanana and Okuti both are set next to permanent water, giving you the advantage of the full spectrum of Okavango activities no matter what the time of year like 4x4 game drives, motor-boat safaris and slow rides in a mokoro, a canoe in the form of a traditional dugout, modernised with a glass bottom for unique views of the delta's beautiful waterways.
Kanana and Okuti make a point of welcoming children. There are suitable activities and amusements at each camp and a Young Explorer’s Programme is offered. With a private vehicle and guide at your disposal, you can all enjoy fantastic game drives together, sharing breakfast together on the Delta floodplains as well as cold drinks overlooking a hippo-filled lagoon at sunset.
Family-sized tents are available, all with adjoining bathrooms and both camps have a swimming pool and complimentary laundry service – both a welcome detail for families with younger children. Meals are healthy and wholesome with plenty of fresh produce and, depending on your preference, you could dine with fellow travellers or simply arrange a family table under the stars. Kanana and Okuti also support a local community outreach programme, ensuring that you ‘give back’ while on vacation in Africa.
- Family-friendly camps in the Okavango Delta
- Fly-in convenience and en suite comfort in family tents
- Amazing game viewing and wildlife year-round
- Private morning and afternoon game drives in your own vehicle
- Boating safaris and glass-bottomed canoes
- Great for elephants, big cats and other classic animals like zebra and giraffe
- Swimming pools, board games and children's meals are all available
- Special Young Explorer's Programme to teach elementary bushcraft
Why Book with M.T.Expedition
We are proving you with best services and quality.
We are leadind for cheap budget,mid-range & Luxury Trips!
Best Price Guaranteed.
24 hrs services with quickly Responsive care!.
No addition or extra money!.
Itinerary (Day by Day)
Days 1-2: Fly into the Okavango Delta | 2 Nights - OKAVANGO DELTA, BOTSWANA
The adventure begins at Maun Airport, the gateway to the Okavango Delta where you will be met by a tour representative on landing. After concluding arrival formalities, you sit back on a short flight by light aircraft to Kanana, an intimate camp of only eight tents in a spell-binding location. It is little wonder the name of the camp means 'paradise' in the local Setswana language: set overlooking a floodplain and next to a permanent river, Kanana lies in a world of giant trees, sparkling wetlands, and pinnacle-like termite mounds. It is a prime big game country and game drives take you in search of lions, buffalo, and elephants, your expert guide will keep a sharp eye out for special sightings like wild dogs and leopards. You also enjoy motor-boat safaris to remote lagoons full of snorting hippos and home to thousands of nesting cormorants, herons, and storks. Back at camp, it is a world of star-lit skies and laughter around the campfire as your family recounts the day's adventures before a well-earned supper.
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Days 3-4: Magical Moremi | 2 Nights - OKAVANGO DELTA, MOREMI GAME RESERVE, BOTSWANA
Another short flight whisks you across the Okavango Delta to its eastern fringes where you land at a bush airstrip in the Moremi Game Reserve and then take the short but game-filled drive to Okuti Camp. A long-established camp with a reputation for family-friendliness, Okuti has the distinct advantage of being set on the famous Xakanaxa Lagoon, a body of deep water surrounded by seasonal wetlands and dry woodlands. Its unique reed-domed suites look out over the lagoon and your family room is a 2-bedroom unit with a shared bathroom. Early morning and late afternoon drives take you in search of the area's special sightings - leopards and wild dogs - while motor-boat safaris not only give you the chance for more game viewing but also the opportunity to throw a fishing line over the side and do a spot of angling. Children's meals are catered for at Okuti, right down to the homemade lemonade.
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 5: The Journey Ends
After a final breakfast overlooking the lagoon, you make your way slowly to the airstrip, hoping for a last special game sighting before boarding a scheduled charter flight back to Maun. It is a short flight - about forty minutes - and you are back at Maun Airport for your onward travel arrangements and the end of this tour.
None / On Request
Breakfast & Lunch
Lodges,Hotels and Camps reccommended
- Park fees (for non residents)
- All activities mentioned (unless clearly labeled as optional)
- Meals (as specified in the day by day description)
- All accommodation mentioned (unless clearly labeled as optional upgrade)
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation mentioned (unless clearly labeled as optional)
- All taxes/vat
- A donation to Bana Ba Letsatsi
- Park fees and concessions fees
- Shared light aircraft flights as per the itinerary
- International flights (from/to the client's home country)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Personal items (souvenirs travel insurance visa fees and other personal items)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- • Tips and gratuities
·40% Deposit payable upfront. The remaining balance is payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 30 days prior to departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 20 days of departure.
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior to departure. For any bookings within 30 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.
We advise you to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Moonlight Tours Expedition recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.
- The exact order contents and rates of this tour is subject to availability.
- If an accommodation is fully booked we will suggest a comparable alternative.
- We reserve the right to change the rates advertised on moonlight tours expedition company without prior notice.
- Rates include a fixed budget for flights during this tour.
- If flights cost more your quote will reflect this tour.
- Best price gurantee
- No booking fees
$5750 (USD pp)