8 Days Unique Samburu black rhino Tracking & Masai Mara Big 5 Safari
Our Tour Quarantee!
- Trip Customizable
- Best Price Quaranteed
- Book as wishes
Service Language In:
Combining Kenya’s arid Samburu savannahs with the lush grasslands of the Masai Mara means a wide diversity of wildlife and scenery as well as different cultures and experiences to look forward to. With three different lodges on an 8-day itinerary, this tour is ideal for those looking to make the most of their time in Kenya.
Your tour opens in the Samburu National Reserve where you divide your stay between two camps. There are morning and afternoon game drives to look forward to as well as guided nature walks, star gazing, night drives, and cultural experiences – the emphasis is on as wide an experience as possible. It is a big game country – home to elephants and lions - and part of your time is spent tracking the highly endangered black rhino. There is also plenty of time to look for Samburu’s more unusual animals that are absent from the Masai Mara: keep an eye out for the long-necked gerenuk, the saber-horned oryx gazelle and the dazzling Grevy’s zebra.
Then it is off to the rolling grasslands of the Masai Mara and a camp with a private setting to ensure unspoilt views and exclusive game sightings. You enjoy a mix of game drives in the concession as well as the national reserve itself, which is home to the seasonal Wildebeest Migration as well as abundant year-round games. It is an area renowned for predator sightings and, even if the wildebeest herds are absent during your visit, you will still enjoy superb game viewing.
Accommodation on this safari takes the form of elegant tent camps with facilities such as swimming pools, spa treatments, and private dining. The distances between destinations are taken care of by short flights, enabling you to enjoy as much time on safari as possible – perfect for couples and honeymooners.
- A wide diversity of wildlife, scenery, and cultures
- Game drives, birding, guided nature walks, and community visits
- Recommended for elephant and big cat sightings
- Track black rhinos on foot in Samburu
- Fly from camp to camp for convenience and comfort
- Enjoy the annual Wildebeest Migration through the Mara in season
Why Book with M.T.Expedition
We are proving you with best services and quality.
We are leadind for cheap budget,mid-range & Luxury Trips!
Best Price Guaranteed.
24 hrs services with quickly Responsive care!.
No addition or extra money!.
Itinerary (Day by Day)
Day 1-2: Unique Samburu | 2 Nights SAMBURU, KENYA
You arrive at Kenya’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport where a professional driver-guide transfers you to nearby Wilson Airport for a scheduled flight to Samburu National Reserve. A guide meets you at the airstrip and drives you to Saruni Samburu, tucked into panoramic mountains on the edge of the reserve. Accommodation is elegant and very comfortable and you have amazing views of a sprawling and unspoilt wilderness. A complimentary head and neck massage sets the tone perfectly, and you enjoy a mix of activities ranging from game drives and walks to cultural tours, riverside picnics, and displays of Samburu song and dance.
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Days 3-4: Tracking Rhinos on foot | 2 Nights SAMBURU, KENYA
Samburu guides accompany you as you make your way to Saruni Rhino, an intimate tented camp set in a private wildlife reserve and one of the few places in Kenya – or indeed Africa – where you can still track black rhinos on foot. There is also a nearby rhino sanctuary and an elephant orphanage to visit as well as game drives to go on and bird watching to enjoy – the sight of thousands of sand grouse drinking is one to remember. And for a unique cultural experience, your guide will take you to the Singing Wells where local herdsmen call their cattle to drink through songs that are apparently recognizable only by their own cattle.
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Days 5-7: Explore the Masai Mara | 3 Nights MASAI MARA, KENYA
It is about a 90-minute flight from the Samburu airstrip to the Masai Mara, enabling you to change environments quickly and comfortably. Contiguous with the Serengeti, the Masai Mara is most famous for its seasonal Wildebeest Migration with the bulk of the animals passing through between the end of June and the beginning of November. It is a time of dramatic encounters between the wildebeest and their predators – lions, leopards, wild dogs and spotted hyenas – but such is the depth of wildlife in the Mara that it remains a highly rewarding destination at any time of year. Game drives with Maasai guides take you into the heart of the action and there are also exciting bush walks to go on as well as the chance to book an optional hot-air balloon flight over the savannah; it is a pre-dawn start and you are rewarded with a well-deserved champagne breakfast.
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 8: Farewell Kenya!
Visit the rhino sanctuary on the way to the airstrip and once again admire the hippos and the crocodiles of the Mara River. Transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport with Saruni driver and vehicle. Depending on the time of your international flight, stop at the Talisman or Carnivore restaurant for dinner.
None / On Request
Breakfast & Lunch
Lodges,Hotels and Camps reccommended
- Park fees (for non residents)
- All activities mentioned (unless clearly labeled as optional)
- Meals (as specified in the day by day description)
- All accommodation mentioned (unless clearly labeled as optional upgrade)
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation mentioned (unless clearly labeled as optional)
- All taxes/vat
- One Rhino Tracking Experience fee ,sundowner & picnic excursions, guided bush walks,shared game drives in 4x4 vehicles,
- Transfers from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport to Wilson Airport for flight to Sambaru and Transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport on Depature day.
- International flights (from/to the client's home country)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Personal items (souvenirs travel insurance visa fees and other personal items)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Tips and gratuities
·40% Deposit payable upfront. The remaining balance is payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 30 days prior to departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 20 days of departure.
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior to departure. For any bookings within 30 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.
We advise you to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Moonlight Tours Expedition recommends World Nomads' travel insurance
- The exact order contents and rates of this tour is subject to availability.
- If an accommodation is fully booked we will suggest a comparable alternative.
- We reserve the right to change the rates advertised on moonlight tours expedition company without prior notice.
- Rates include a fixed budget for flights during this tour.
- If flights cost more your quote will reflect this tour.
- Best price gurantee
- No booking fees
$8180 (USD pp)