6 Days Journey to Rwanda Gorilla Tracking & Safari
Our Tour Quarantee!
- Trip Customizable
- Best Price Quaranteed
- Book as wishes
Service Language In:
This incredible 6-day Trip with a Purpose gives you the chance to enjoy one of Africa’s most beloved countries, Rwanda. Experience local culture and learn about the mammoth efforts being made to save endangered mountain gorilla populations, while partaking in the humbling experience of gorilla trekking. Your journey begins in the beautiful city of Kigali, where you’ll be immersed in the culture and history of Rwanda - its welcoming people provide one-of-a-kind experiences. You will also have the opportunity to visit the Kigali Genocide Memorial, a somber trip back into a tumultuous past.
From Kigali, you’ll head off to explore the mystical rainforests that run up the hills of the Virunga Volcanoes. This is where you will participate in a gorilla trek, one of Africa’s most profound encounters and your travel spend will aid in safeguarding this endangered species for generations to come. You will also have the option of adding on a Golden Monkey excursion as well as a visit to the famed Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund, a charity spanning decades who are doing inspiring work in research and vital conservation activities.
- Stay in comfortable and stylish accommodation
- Gorilla trekking to meet the endangered mountain gorillas of Volcanoes National Park
- Optional Golden Monkey excursion
- Incredible views of the Virunga Volcanoes and volcanic lakes
- Optional visit to the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund - a pioneer in gorilla conservation efforts
Why Is This a Trip with a Purpose?
- Rwanda's Development Board's Mission is 'Fast tracking economic development in Rwanda by enabling private sector growth.' With that comes increased employment, learning, and opportunities. It is fascinating to visit and see the healing and progress since the 1994 genocide, and being part of a tourism destination that is helping forge a better future for all Rwandans.
- During your stay at Serena Hotel, you’ll have the opportunity to explore the streets of this amazing city, visiting attractions such as the Nyandungu Eco Park and the Nyambirambo Women Cooperative.
- Set off on the Kigali City tour which includes a visit to the Genocide Memorial.
Why Book with M.T.Expedition
We are proving you with best services and quality.
We are leadind for cheap budget,mid-range & Luxury Trips!
Best Price Guaranteed.
24 hrs services with quickly Responsive care!.
No addition or extra money!.
Itinerary (Day by Day)
Day 1-3: Your Journey Begins in Kigali Rwanda | 2 Nights - KIGALI, RWANDA
Touch down in beautiful Kigali after your international flight and you will be met by our representative who will provide a comfortable transfer to the first stop on your itinerary – Serena Hotel. After check-in, enjoy a delicious dinner before settling in for a good night’s rest to prepare for the adventure ahead.
Luxurious and stylish, the Serena Hotel reflects both modern and historic Rwanda. Modern amenities, comforts, and conveniences are perfectly complemented by traditional Rwandese art and culture. Being a popular attraction in Kigali, this hotel is the ideal stop-over before the next leg of your journey – gorilla trekking.
During your stay at Serena Hotel, you’ll have the opportunity to explore the streets of this amazing city, visiting attractions such as the Nyandungu Eco Park and the Nyambirambo Women Cooperative. After, head back to the hotel for some rest and relaxation by lounging poolside, enjoying a drink from Sokoni Café and Bar, or treating yourself to massage or treatment at the health spa. On day three, you’ll have one last breakfast at the hotel before setting off on the Kigali City Tour, which includes a heart-wrenching visit to the Genocide Memorial – the final resting place of more than 250,000 victims of the mass atrocity that took place in Rwanda in 1994.
A laid-back lunch rounds off your Kigali adventure before you’re transferred to Ruhengeri – the home of gorilla trekking. The three-hour drive is a scenic one that passes through the beautiful, terraced hillside that has become characteristic of Rwanda’s landscape. Eventually, you’ll reach the base of the Virunga Volcanoes, where Virunga Lodge will be your home away from home for the remainder of your holiday.
Kigali Serena Hotel
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 3-5: Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes National Park | 3 Nights - VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK, RWANDA
When staying at Virunga Lodge, you’ll be treated to luxury, comfort, and incredible views of the peaks of the Virunga Volcanoes and surrounding volcanic lakes. The lodge is ideally located at the foot of the Virunga Volcanoes, making it the perfect base from which to easily access trails and paths for gorilla trekking. Day four of your itinerary will no doubt be the highlight of your trip as you embark into the wild rainforests of Africa in search of the elusive Mountain gorillas that reside deep in the dense wilderness. Many regard gorilla trekking as a life-changing activity – spending up to an hour observing these gentle giants in their natural habitat is an experience that words fail to do justice.
To participate in a gorilla trek you’ll need to be fairly fit, in good health, and able to withstand the humid, muddy conditions of a rainforest hike. Your journey will consist of a professional guide and tracker leading you down the forest’s secret paths in search of a habituated gorilla family. After, you’ll be taken back to the lodge, where you can indulge in good food and luxurious yet comfortable accommodation. On day five, you’ll have the option to trek through the rainforests to observe the endangered Golden Monkey. This adventure is much tamer and more easy-going than a gorilla trek and will provide you with the unique opportunity to come face-to-face with these mischievous primates. After, you’ll head back to the lodge for lunch and be given the chance to freshen up before an optional afternoon visit to the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund –the world’s largest and longest-running organization dedicated to gorilla conservation.
Volcanoes Virunga Lodge
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 6: Ciao for Now, Kigali International Airport, Kigali, Rwanda
All good things must come to an end. One last breakfast sees you off before a leisurely drive back to Kigali International Airport to catch your departure flight back home.
None/ On Request
Breakfast & Lunch
Lodges,Hotels and Camps reccommended
- Park fees (for non residents)
- All activities mentioned (unless clearly labeled as optional)
- Meals (as specified in the day by day description)
- All accommodation mentioned (unless clearly labeled as optional upgrade)
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation mentioned (unless clearly labeled as optional)
- All taxes/vat
- International flights (from/to the client's home country)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Personal items (souvenirs travel insurance visa fees and other personal items)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Tips and gratuities
·40% Deposit payable upfront. The remaining balance is payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 30 days prior to departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 20 days of departure.
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior to departure. For any bookings within 30 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.
We advise you to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Moonlight Tours Expedition recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.
- The exact order contents and rates of this tour is subject to availability.
- If an accommodation is fully booked we will suggest a comparable alternative.
- We reserve the right to change the rates advertised on moonlight tours expedition company without prior notice.
- Rates include a fixed budget for flights during this tour.
- If flights cost more your quote will reflect this tour.
- Best price gurantee
- No booking fees
$6170 (USD pp)