7 Days the Best of Botswana Safari & Culture Tour
Our Tour Quarantee!
- Trip Customizable
- Best Price Quaranteed
- Book as wishes
Service Language In:
This 7-day itinerary explores Africa’s ‘Garden of Eden’, the Okavango Delta, and is a specially designed Trip with a Purpose that contributes travel spend to the upliftment of local communities, while you enjoy engaging encounters and experiences.
Your adventure begins in the Panhandle of the Delta at Nxamaseri Island Lodge. You will engage with the local community and gain fascinating insights into how they have adapted their lives to flourish in these wild and untamed landscapes. You will also join us on an excursion to Tsodilo Hills, an area that is a sacred national treasure, home to over 4,500 rock paintings dating back thousands of years – delve into the bushcraft and lore of the Delta.
You then move on to Xugana Island Lodge, situated within a private concession that showcases a watery paradise. You will enjoy thrilling power boat cruises and gliding serenely in traditional mokoros in the expert care of Xugana’s local guides. The lodge is nestled under a grand canopy of trees on an island overlooking the lush Xugana Lagoon, with its networks of waterways and papyrus beds.
The last leg of your journey takes you to Camp Xakanaxa on the banks of the Khwai River which is rated as one of the finest game viewings in Africa. The game drives and boat tours (the best water- and land-based activities) will take you deep into the heart of pristine wilderness, where wildlife flourishes.
- A Trip with a Purpose supporting local communities through cultural visits
- Luxury safari lodges and camps in the Okavango Delta
- Explore the ancient rock art of Tsodilo Hills - a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Water- and land-based activities including game drives and mokoro excursions
- Catch-and-release fishing (in season)
- Guided walks on nearby islands
- Unrivaled bird watching including kingfishers, herons, storks, and fish eagles
Why Is This a Trip with a Purpose?
- View ancient Bushmen rock paintings at Tsodilo Hills, the UNESCO World Heritage Site near Nxamaseri Island Lodge in the Delta.
- Visit the local Nxamaseri village, meet local villagers including the village chief, and learn how they've adapted to living in such wild places.
Why Book with M.T.Expedition
We are proving you with best services and quality.
We are leadind for cheap budget,mid-range & Luxury Trips!
Best Price Guaranteed.
24 hrs services with quickly Responsive care!.
No addition or extra money!.
Itinerary (Day by Day)
Day 1-2: Your Adventure Begins, Okavango Delta, Botswana | 2 Nights - OKAVANGO DELTA, BOTSWANA
Your trip begins in the charming city of Maun. On arrival, a guide will be there to greet you and transfer you to Nxamaseri Island Lodge. One of the oldest lodges in the area, it offers a unique African experience on a private island in the permanent waters of Botswana’s Okavango Delta. At the lodge, you will explore the waterways of the Okavango by motorized boat or mokoro excursions and although not a big game viewing area, there are still some interesting wild inhabitants to encounter including crocs, hippos, otters and bird species too numerous to count.
Nxamaseri Island Lodge is the closest property to the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Tsodilo Hills. Your adventure includes a visit to this rare and unique place that exudes an atmosphere of intrigue and mystery. The word Tsodilo is derived from the Hambukushu word ‘sorile’ which means sheer. It’s home to more than 4,500 Bushmen rock paintings that adorn the stone faces of the hills and is a sacred site to the locals. It is one of the most historically significant rock art sites in the world, and you’ll climb and explore hills and trails, seeing and appreciating the evidence of legends and ancient life.
Your stay at Nxamaseri Island Lodge also includes a down-to-earth cultural experience visiting the local Nxamaseri Village. The people of Botswana are renowned for their welcoming spirits and how incredibly they have adapted to living in such wild places. You’ll have the chance to meet the chief of the village, and each visit will aid in contributing to these communities and their livelihoods.
Nxamaseri Island Lodge
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 3-4: Explore a Watery Paradise, Okavango Delta, Botswana | 2 Nights - OKAVANGO DELTA, BOTSWANA
The next part of your adventure takes you to Xugana Island Lodge, situated in a private concession. The lodge is a serene spot, where you can easily unwind from fast, modern-day life, connecting with pure nature. Xugana is a water-based lodge and they do not offer game drives, but you will discover this landscape on dreamy jaunts in traditional mokoros or on thrilling powerboat cruises. Watch as a Fish Eagle catches its lunch or try your luck at catching tiger fish or bream. An occasional activity on offer is walking with guides on some of the surrounding islands and exploring the bush on foot. At the end of each day, be welcomed back at the lodge to a warming fire and staff that are ready to pamper you with traditional Botswana cooking and superb African wines.
Xugana Island Lodge
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 5-6: A Classic Okavango Safari Camp, Okavango Delta, Botswana | 2 Nights - OKAVANGO DELTA, MOREMI GAME RESERVE, BOTSWANA
After breakfast, you will be transferred to the last property on your Okavango Delta journey, Camp Xakanaxa. Boasting spectacular views of a lagoon by the same name, the camp rests on the banks of the Khwai River. Here, you will stay in Meru-style, luxury safari tents on raised decks, cooled by a unique sprinkler system. An open-air lounge is where you can relax, a plunge pool and sun deck overlooks the Delta and an elegant dining area is where superb meals are served.
The game drives and boat tours offered here are of the highest standard, not to mention that you get to see the abundance of birdlife. Xakanaxa’s guides are expertly trained, highly knowledgeable and always eager to impart their knowledge of the area on those who are eager to learn.
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 7: Farewell Botswana, Maun International Airport, Maun, Botswana
Your day begins with a delicious breakfast before being transferred back to Maun to catch your flight back home.
None / On Request
Breakfast & Dinner
Lodges,Hotels and Camps reccommended
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Free WiFi
- Free parking
- Non-smoking rooms
- Fabulous breakfast
- Family rooms
- Room service
- Park fees (for non residents)
- All activities mentioned (unless clearly labeled as optional)
- Meals (as specified in the day by day description)
- All accommodation mentioned (unless clearly labeled as optional upgrade)
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation mentioned (unless clearly labeled as optional)
- All taxes/vat
- Game drives & boat tours
- Chance to meet the chief of the village and experience life in small villages in Botswana
- International flights (from/to the client's home country)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Personal items (souvenirs travel insurance visa fees and other personal items)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Tips and gratuities
·40% Deposit payable upfront. The remaining balance is payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 30 days prior to departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 20 days of departure.
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior to departure. For any bookings within 30 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.
We advise you to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Moonlight Tours Expedition recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.
- The exact order contents and rates of this tour is subject to availability.
- If an accommodation is fully booked we will suggest a comparable alternative.
- We reserve the right to change the rates advertised on moonlight tours expedition company without prior notice.
- Rates include a fixed budget for flights during this tour.
- If flights cost more your quote will reflect this tour.
- Best price gurantee
- No booking fees
$4995 (USD pp)